Wednesday 25 September 2019

A one-on-one Conversation



When I try to think of an interesting person with whom I would like to speak to ask questions, my mind jumps between many people, a lot of them ancient Greeks and, as I cannot write of all, I will write of the most interesting of them, Hesiodo.
Hesiod is a thinker, philosopher, Greek writer, he wrote about the myths of his gods but because he really believed that they existed and created the world I like to see him as a historian.
One of the reasons I love it and I find it very interesting is that it was one of the first to write the myths that were transmitted by speech, when stories were told from parents to children, also not only wrote the theogony, he also wrote works and days, a text that explains how his society worked, it seems to me that he had a vision that the future would want to know about them, I think he should be the father of history and not Herodoto, although Herodoto also thought like that and has value, but Hesiod lived at least 200 years before.
One of the weird things in my life is that I was always more interested in history than in fiction tales, and in history, the older the more interesting and mysterious I find it, the understanding of the civilizations of that time is very interesting and how his cosmovision affected the way of life and the way of living in his social structure, his technological advances and with that the structures that they generated to habit, so from a very young age I read the Greek myths and imagined where they came from and how magical they were, so when I hear about Hesiodo I was really young and I don't remember precisely when. My dad was a math teacher but he still liked history and he had a small collection of books about it, especially the GREDOS collection and recommended them to me I think that the first book of those that I read was Esotopo fables, and I don't know when I got to Hesiodo and his theogony, I have read it many times but as I also read other myths they mix them so I need to read it again.
I think that if I could see him I would ask him about his life, how he sees the world, I would like to fill the incomplete text of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment